Are you looking to unlock the full potential of your Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5G? Installing a custom recovery like TWRP is the first step in doing so. TWRP is one of the most popular custom recoveries available for Android devices and provides a user-friendly interface for managing your device’s software.
In this guide, we’ll take you through the process of installing TWRP on your Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5G. This will allow you to install custom ROMs, kernels, and mods that can enhance performance, battery life, and overall functionality. With TWRP installed, you’ll be able to perform backups, install custom software, and make other advanced tweaks to your device.
Whether you’re new to rooting or an experienced user, this guide will provide you with all the information you need to get started. So, let’s dive in and take your Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5G to the next level with TWRP.
Table of Contents
Installing TWRP on Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5G
In this guide, I will show you how to install TWRP recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5G. This process is a bit more complicated, but it is still possible with careful attention to the steps.
Make sure to follow these steps carefully, as they are important for a successful TWRP installation.
Should this Remember:
- Remove all accounts (Google, Samsung) from your device before proceeding.
- Take a full backup of your Android device.
- You will need a PC to perform the Odin process.
- Make sure your phone is fully charged.
- Have the original USB cable for your Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5G on hand.
Step 1: Enabling Developer Options
To enable Developer Options on your Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5G, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings on your Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5G.
- Scroll down and tap on About phone.
- Tap on Software information.
- Tap on Build number 7 times.
- Enter your phone’s lock screen PIN or password.
- You will now see the “Developer mode has been enabled!” toast message on the phone screen.
Once Developer options is enabled, you can find it by scrolling down to the bottom of the Settings menu.
Step 2: Enabling the OEM Unlocking Option
To enable the OEM unlocking option on your Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5G, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Developer options.
- Toggle ON the OEM unlocking option.
Once the OEM unlocking option is enabled, you can unlock the bootloader of your phone.
Step 3: Unlocking the Bootloader
After enabling OEM unlocking, follow these steps to unlock the bootloader on your Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5G:
- Power off your phone.
- Press and hold the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons.
- Connect your phone to your PC using the data cable.
- Once you see the bootloader warning screen, press and hold the Volume Up button to unlock the bootloader on your device.
Note: The bootloader warning screen may say something like “Warning: Bootloader Unlocking will erase all data on your phone. Are you sure you want to continue?” You must press the Volume Up button to confirm that you want to unlock the bootloader.
Step 4: Booting into Download Mode
In this step 4 section, we will be showing you how to access download mode on your Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5G. This mode is necessary for flashing firmware and installing TWRP recovery on your device. It allows the device to communicate with Odin, the software used to flash firmware on Samsung devices. Make sure to follow the steps carefully and your device will be in download mode ready to proceed with the next step.
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Down and Volume Up buttons simultaneously and connect your phone to your PC using the data cable.
- When you see the “Warning” screen, press the Volume Up button to enter download mode.
By following these steps, you will successfully enter download mode on your Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5G.
Step 5: Download Required Files
Here, we will be providing you with the necessary files to install TWRP recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5G. These files include TWRP, Disable Dm Verity Force Encrypt, and vbmeta. Make sure to download these files and have them ready before proceeding with the TWRP installation process. These files are essential for a successful TWRP installation and unlocking the full potential of your device.
Download: Disable DM Verity Forece Encrypt
Download: ODIN Tool
Step 6: Flashing TWRP Recovery using ODIN
In this final step 6 section, we will be proceeding with the actual installation of TWRP recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5G. Your device is now in download mode and ready to be flashed with the TWRP recovery image. Make sure to follow the instructions carefully and your device will have the TWRP recovery installed in no time.
- Open the Odin tool on your PC.
- Select the vbmeta.tar file and load it as AP in Odin and flash it. After it’s done, reboot your phone to download mode.
- Next, flash the TWRP.tar file as AP via Odin. After the flashing is successful, immediately reboot to recovery mode by pressing the Volume Up and Power key buttons simultaneously until you see the “Boot Warning” screen then press power key to enter TWRP recovery mode.
- Flash the Disable Dm Verity Force Encrypt.
- Go to Wipe > Format data.
- Reboot to System or flash any additional modifications you desire.
By following these steps, you will successfully install TWRP recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5G.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5G
In this final section, we will be showing you “How to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5G with Magisk” using the TWRP recovery that you have just installed. Rooting your device allows you to gain full control over your device and unlock its full potential. For detailed step-by-step instructions on how to root your Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5G, you can follow this link to our guide:
Make sure to follow the instructions carefully to avoid any issues and enjoy the benefits of a rooted Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5G.
In conclusion, we showed you how to install TWRP recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5G. We provided step-by-step instructions on how to prepare your device, enter download mode, and install TWRP recovery. We also supplied the necessary files and linked to additional resources to help you fully unlock your device’s potential. Please make sure to read and follow the instructions carefully. If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comment section below. With TWRP recovery now installed on your Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5G, you can proceed to root your device and enjoy all the benefits that come with it.