If you are a Samsung Galaxy J4 user and need to learn how to installed custom recovery TWRP, OrangeFx and SHRP you’ve found the right place. We will be sharing everything about Samsung Galaxy J4 custom recovery.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy J4
Should this Remember
- Make sure to disable all security Locks on your Samsung Galaxy J4
- Take Full Backup of your Android device
- You need a PC to perform the Odin
- Fully charge your phone
- Samsung Galaxy J4 Original USB Cable.
Unlock the Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy J4
Enable the Developer Options on Samsung Galaxy J4
- First go to “Settings” on your Samsung Galaxy J4
- Scroll bottom of the screen and select “About phone”
- Then select “Software information”
- Enter your phone’s lock screen Password if prompted
- Next you will now see the “Developer mode has been enabled!” toast message on the screen.
Enable the OEM unlocking option on Samsung Galaxy J4
- Again next Settings → Developer options → toggle ON the OEM unlocking option.
How to Enter Download Mode on Samsung Galaxy J4
- You need to first switch off the your device.
- Connect your phone to your PC while holding the Home Button and Volume Down together.
- Finally, press the “Volume Up” button and this way you will enter the download mode on your Samsung Galaxy J4 device.
If you follow the all the top step than you are ready to Install TWRP Recovery.
Installation Guide for TWRP
- Download the TWRP.tar file to your PC and flash it as AP via Odin
- After flashing is successful, immediately reboot to recovery mode by press Home, Volume Up and Power button.
- Flash the Multi Disabler File
- Go to Wipe > Format data
- Reboot to System or flash anything you want.
For users with older versions or another custom recovery:
-Use the above method or Download the TWRP.img file to your storage (Internal/External/Transferring via PC) and flash it as Recovery.
Installation Guide for OrangeFox
Recommended Way: Finish flashing TWRP first and then flash OrangeFox.zip
Alternative Way: Flash OrangeFox.tar as AP via Odin, do all the steps above like installing TWRP, transfer OrangeFox.zip and flash
Installation Guide for SHRP
Recommended Way: Finish flashing TWRP first and then flash SHRP.zip
Alternative Way: Flash SHRP.tar as AP via Odin, do all the steps above like installing TWRP, transfer SHRP.zip and flash
Download TWRP and Disable Dm Verity Force Encrypt
You can download the all the files from this download button.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy J4
I will guide 2 method to root Samsung Galaxy J4 with TWRP recovery and Without TWRP recovery please read that full article.