Are you looking to gain more control over your Samsung Galaxy A13? Rooting your device using Magisk can give you the ability to customize the software and remove any unwanted system apps. Not only will this increase the performance of your device by using more RAM and overclocking the CPU frequency, but it also opens up a whole new world of possibilities for personalizing your device.
In this guide, we’ll walk you through two methods of rooting your Samsung Galaxy A13 using Magisk, one with TWRP recovery and one without. Let’s get started!
Install TWRP on Samsung A13
TWRP, or Team Win Recovery Project, is a powerful tool that allows you to flash custom ROMs, take full backups of your device, and access a wide range of options such as rebooting into the system, bootloader, and download mode. If you’re looking to unlock the full potential of your Samsung A13, installing TWRP is the first step.
Just follow the instructions and you’ll be on your way to unlocking more possibilities. Here is the link to the article:
Root Samsung Galaxy A13 with TWRP and Magisk
Installing a custom recovery such as TWRP on your phone is the first step to easily rooting your device with Magisk. By following the steps outlined below, you can install Magisk on your phone with TWRP recovery and gain access to a world of customization options.
To begin, make sure you have TWRP recovery installed on your device. Once you have TWRP recovery installed, you can follow the steps to install Magisk and root your phone.
- Download Magisk Zip file and keep on internal storage.
- Reboot your phone to TWRP recovery mode. (Turn off phone and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously and connect your phone to your PC using the data cable.)
- Press install button on TWRP recovery.
- Select your downloaded Magisk Zip file.
- After select the file swipe to flash.
- After successfully flash reboot phone to system.
- After phone restart you found new Magisk App.
Root Samsung Galaxy A13 without TWRP
Rooting your Samsung Galaxy A13 without TWRP is possible and in this section, we will show you how. The process can be done by following a few simple steps, but it’s important to be careful and make sure to follow each step correctly. By following this guide, you’ll be able to root your Samsung Galaxy A13 easily and unlock the full potential of your device.
Enable the Developer Options
- Go to “Settings” on your device.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and select “About phone”.
- From there, select “Software information”.
- Tap on the “Build Number” 7 times.
- If prompted, enter your phone’s lock screen password.
- You will now see the “Developer mode has been enabled!” message on the screen.
Enable is the OEM unlocking option on Samsung Galaxy A13
- Go to Phone Settings on your Samsung Galaxy A13.
- Scroll down and select Developer options.
- Toggle ON the OEM unlocking option.
Download Stock Firmware for Samsung Galaxy A13
You need a Samsung Galaxy A13 stock firmware, you can download from Sammobile.com,
You need first your phone’s model number and second, and CSC/regional code.
- You can get your phone model number by going to Settings → About phone.
- Download LZ4
- Extract Downloaded LZ4 File
Preparing Patched Boot Image file
- Extract the firmware package.
- Open the extracted folder and again Extract AP firmware file.
- Now you will find boot.img.lz4 file.
- Copy boot.img.lz4 to LZ4 Installed folder.
Next, Convert .img.lz4 to .img file.
- Open the lz4 extracted folder.
- Drag the boot.img.lz4 file to the lz4.exe program.
- This step converts the file to .img format.
Patch the boot.img Firmware File with Magisk App
- Download and install Magisk App on your phone.
- Open the Magisk App.
- Tap on the INSTALL button.
- Then Select and Patch a File.
- Choose the Boot.IMG File
- Once the file is selected, tap on LET’S GO.
- The patched file can be found in the Downloads folder.
- Connect your phone to the PC and copy the magisk_patched.img file on your PC.
Convert .IMG File to .TAR (For ODIN)
- Download and Install 1st 7zip software in your PC.
- Select magisk_patched.img and right click mouse and point to 7zip > Add to archive.
- Archive formats select tar and click OK.
- Finally, we are building the magisk-patched.tar file for ODIN (AP)
Unlock Bootloader Samsung Galaxy A13
- Power off your phone and, keep pressing the “Volume Down”, “Volume Up” buttons simultaneously and connect phone to pc using data cable, you see the “Warning” screen.
- Keep press more than 7 second to “Volume Up” button to unlock bootloader option.
- You will be prompted to confirm whether you want to unlock the bootloader, use the volume buttons to navigate to ‘Yes’ and press the power button to confirm.
Boot your Samsung Galaxy A13 into Download Mode
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Down and Volume Up buttons simultaneously and connect your phone to your PC using the data cable.
- When you see the “Warning” screen, press the Volume Up button to enter download mode.
Flash Magisk_Patched.tar using Odin flash tool
- Run Odin Tool.
- Reboot your phone to download mode.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy A13 device to a PC/Laptop.
- You will see ID:COM section light up blue. It means the port is working.
- BL: Select the firmware file starting BL.
- AP: Select the Magisk Patched AP firmware file (magisk_patched.tar)
- CP: Select the firmware file starting CP.
- CSC: Select the firmware file starting HOME_CSC.
- Once done, click Start to begin the flashing process.
- The first boot will take some time.
After power on phone, you will see Magisk App installed on your phone. This app will help you to manage Root permissions.