If you are a Samsung Galaxy A50 user and need to learn how to install custom recovery TWRP you’ve found the right place. We will be sharing everything about Samsung Galaxy A50 custom recovery installation step by step. Installing a custom recovery like TWRP allows you to install custom ROMs, take full backups, and perform various other tasks that are not possible with the stock recovery. It’s a great way to get more out of your device and customize it to your liking.
Before we begin, it’s important to note that installing a custom recovery will void your warranty and may potentially brick your device if not done properly. It’s also important to have your device fully charged and backed up before proceeding with the installation. Now that the disclaimer is out of the way, let’s get started and learn how to install TWRP on your Samsung Galaxy A50.
Preparing for TWRP Installation on Samsung A50
Before installing TWRP on your Samsung Galaxy A50, it’s important to prepare your device to ensure a smooth process. This includes:
- Disabling all security locks on your device
- Taking a full backup of your device
- Enabling developer mode on your device
- Accessing a PC with the Odin program
- Fully charging your phone
- Having the original USB cable for your Samsung Galaxy A50.
Enabling Developer Options on Samsung Galaxy A50
To enable developer mode on your Samsung Galaxy A50, you need to:
- Go to “Settings” on your device.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and select “About phone”.
- Select “Software information”.
- Scroll down and tap “Build number” multiple times until you see the message “Developer mode has been enabled!”.
- If prompted, enter your phone’s lock screen password.
Enable the OEM unlocking option on Samsung Galaxy A50
- Again next Settings → Developer options → toggle ON the OEM unlocking option.
Once you have completed these steps, you can proceed with the unlocking the bootloader process on your Samsung Galaxy A50.
Unlock the Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy A50
- Power off your phone and, keep pressing the “Volume Down”, “Volume Up” buttons simultaneously and connect phone to pc using data cable, you see the “Warning” screen.
- Keep press more than 7 second to “Volume Up” button to unlock bootloader option.
- You will be prompted to confirm whether you want to unlock the bootloader, use the volume buttons to navigate to ‘Yes’ and press the power button to confirm.
In this section, we will successfully unlock the bootloader of your Samsung Galaxy A50. This is a crucial step before installing TWRP recovery on your device. Once the bootloader is unlocked, your phone will be ready for TWRP installation, and you will be able to make modifications to the device’s software. Keep in mind, unlocking the bootloader will erase all data on the device, so make sure to back up your important files before proceeding.
Entering Download Mode on Samsung Galaxy A50
Before you can enter download mode on your Samsung Galaxy A50, you’ll need to make sure that the device is switched off. Once the device is off, you can proceed with the steps to enter download mode.
Here is the process to enter download mode on your Samsung Galaxy A50:
- Press and hold the Volume Down and Volume Up buttons simultaneously
- Connect your phone to your PC using the data cable
- When you see the “Warning” screen, press the Volume Up button to enter download mode.
Once you have successfully entered download mode, you can proceed with performing actions such as installing custom recoveries TWRP. Be sure to follow the instructions carefully to avoid any potential issues.
Required Files for TWRP Installation
Before proceeding with the TWRP installation process on your Samsung Galaxy A50, it is important to gather the necessary files. These include TWRP recovery, the Disable Dm Verity Force Encrypt file, and the vbmeta file. These files are essential for a successful TWRP installation and unlocking the full potential of your device. Make sure to download these files and have them ready before proceeding with the installation process.
Download Required Files
Installing TWRP on Samsung A50
Here is the step-by-step process for installing TWRP on your Samsung Galaxy A50:
- Open the Odin tool on your PC.
- Select the vbmeta.tar file and load it as AP in Odin and flash it. After it’s done, reboot your phone to download mode.
- Next, flash the TWRP.tar file as AP via Odin. After the flashing is successful, immediately reboot to recovery mode by pressing the Volume Up and Power key buttons simultaneously until you see the “Boot Warning” screen then press power key to enter TWRP recovery mode.
- Flash the Disable Dm Verity Force Encrypt.
- Go to Wipe > Format data.
- Reboot to System or flash any additional modifications you desire.
After you have completed these steps, TWRP should be successfully installed on your Samsung Galaxy A50. This will allow you to make various modifications to the device’s software, such as installing custom ROMs or kernels.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy A50
There are two methods for rooting the Samsung Galaxy A50. The first method involves using TWRP recovery to gain root access. The second method is for those who do not have TWRP recovery installed and will guide you through the process of rooting without it. Please read the full article for detailed instructions on both methods. The article can be found on the following link: How to Root Samsung Galaxy A50 using Magisk.
To sum up, this article has provided a detailed guide on how to install TWRP recovery on the Samsung Galaxy A50. The process is relatively simple, but it’s important to remember to always backup your data before making any changes to your device. With TWRP recovery installed, you’ll have the freedom to customize your device to your heart’s content and improve its performance. We hope this guide was helpful, and we encourage you to explore all the possibilities that come with rooting your device.