How to Root Samsung Galaxy A04s using Magisk
If you’re looking to take your Samsung Galaxy A04s to the next level by rooting it, Magisk is the way to go. In this article, we’ll be walking you through two methods for rooting your phone using Magisk.
Rooting your device opens up a world of possibilities for customization and optimization. With a rooted phone, you’ll be able to remove unwanted system apps, increase the performance of your device by utilizing more RAM and overclocking the CPU frequency, and so much more. So, without further ado, let’s get started with the rooting process.
Install TWRP on Samsung Galaxy A04s
TWRP, or TeamWin Recovery Project, is a custom recovery tool that offers a wealth of options beyond what is available in the stock recovery. With TWRP installed, you’ll be able to flash custom ROMs, perform full phone backups, and access a variety of advanced recovery features, such as the ability to reboot into the system, bootloader, or download mode.
If you’re looking to install TWRP on your Samsung Galaxy A04s, you’ll find a comprehensive guide in a separate article. Simply follow this “Install TWRP on your Samsung Galaxy A04s” link to install TWRP and take full advantage of the custom recovery. Note that rooting your phone is possible without TWRP, but installing TWRP will greatly enhance your ability to customize and optimize your device.
Root Samsung Galaxy A04s with TWRP and Magisk
With TWRP installed on your Samsung Galaxy A04s, rooting your phone with Magisk is a breeze. To root your device, simply follow these steps:
- Download Magisk Zip file and keep on internal storage.
- Reboot your phone to TWRP recovery mode. (Keep pressing the “Volume Up” buttons and connect phone to pc using data cable).
- Press install button on TWRP recovery.
- Select your downloaded Magisk Zip file.
- After select the file swipe to flash.
- After successfully flash reboot phone to system.
- After phone restart you found new Magisk App.
That’s all there is to it! With Magisk installed, you’ll have a fully rooted Samsung Galaxy A04s with all the benefits that come with it. Whether you’re looking to remove unwanted system apps, increase the performance of your device, or install custom ROMs, Magisk and TWRP will give you the tools you need to get the job done.
Root Samsung Galaxy A04s without TWRP
Not everyone has access to TWRP recovery for their Samsung Galaxy A04s, but that doesn’t mean they can’t root their phone. In this section, we’ll be outlining the steps to root your device without TWRP. Just be sure to follow each step carefully, as missing a step could result in bricking your phone.
Unlock Developer mode on Samsung Galaxy A04s
- Go to Phone Settings on your Samsung Galaxy A04s.
- Scroll down and select About phone.
- Next, select Software information.
- Tap on the Build number multiple times.
- Enter your phone’s lock screen Password.
- You will now see the “Developer mode has been enabled!” toast message on the phone screen.
Enable is the OEM unlocking option on Samsung Galaxy A04s
- Go to Phone Settings on your Samsung Galaxy A04s.
- Scroll down and select Developer options.
- Toggle ON the OEM unlocking option.
Unlocking the Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy A04s
To unlock the bootloader on your Samsung Galaxy A04s, follow these steps:
- Power off your phone.
- Press and hold the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons.
- Connect your phone to your PC using the data cable.
- Once you see the bootloader warning screen, press and hold the Volume Up button to unlock the bootloader.
Confirming Bootloader Unlock
You will be prompted to confirm whether you want to unlock the bootloader, use the volume buttons to navigate to ‘Yes’ and press the power button to confirm.
Download Stock Firmware for Samsung Galaxy A04s
You need a Samsung Galaxy A04s stock firmware, you can download from Samfw.com,
You need first your phone’s model number and second, and CSC/regional code.
- You can get your phone model number by going to Settings → About phone.
Download 7zip and LZ4 Tools
After downloading the firmware, we need to extract it. To extract the firmware, we need to use a lz4 extract tool, which can be downloaded from the link provided below.
Download: 7zip Tool
Download: LZ4 Tool
To make sure you can extract the firmware file properly, you need to download and install the 7zip software on your PC. Once installed, use it to extract the LZ4 tool downloaded. This will make it easier for you to extract the firmware file and access the files inside it.
Preparing Patched Boot Image file
- Extract the “AP” firmware package using 7zip.
- Open the extracted folder and again Extract AP firmware file.
- Now you will find boot.img.lz4 file.
- Copy boot.img.lz4 to LZ4 Installed folder.
Next need to convert boot.img.lz4 to boot.img file.
- Open the lz4 extracted folder.
- Drag the boot.img.lz4 file to the lz4.exe program.
- This step converts the file to .img format.
Patch the boot.img Firmware File with Magisk App
- Download and install Magisk App on your phone.
- Open the Magisk App.
- Tap on the INSTALL button.
- Then Select and Patch a File.
- Choose the Boot.IMG File
- Once the file is selected, tap on LET’S GO.
- The patched file can be found in the Downloads folder.
- Connect your phone to the PC and copy the magisk_patched.img file on your PC.
Convert .IMG File to .TAR (For ODIN)
- Download and Install 1st 7zip software in your PC.
- Select magisk_patched.img and right click mouse and point to 7zip > Add to archive.
- Archive formats select tar and click OK.
- Finally, we are building the magisk-patched.tar file for ODIN (AP)
Boot your Samsung Galaxy A04s into Download Mode
- First, power off your phone.
- Press Button Volume Up, Volume Down and connect your phone to your PC using data cable.
- You will now see the Bootloader warning screen.
- Long press Volume Up button to unlock bootloader.
- If your device bootloader already unlock just press one time volume up button.
- Following this method you enter to download mode.
Flash Magisk Patched using Odin flash tool
- Run Odin Tool.
- Reboot your phone to download mode.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy A04s device to a PC/Laptop.
- You will see ID:COM section light up blue. It means the port is working.
- BL: Select the firmware file starting BL.
- AP: Select the Magisk Patched AP firmware file (magisk_patched.tar)
- CP: Select the firmware file starting CP.
- CSC: Select the firmware file starting CSC.
- Once done, click Start to begin the flashing process.
- The first boot will take some time.
- After on phone you will see in app drawer Magisk APK installed.
We have shown you how to root your Samsung Galaxy A04s using TWRP and Magisk and also without TWRP recovery. By following the step-by-step instructions provided in this guide, you should now be able to gain full control over your device and unlock its full potential. Remember to always read and follow the instructions carefully, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask. Keep in mind that rooting your device may void the warranty and also be aware of the risks involved.